Thursday, June 26, 2008

Don't Be Fooled

Ah yes, nothing like a blowout win to settle down the rabid fan base. But I'm here to tell you, don't be fooled.

There's still a 2-12 streak lurking around the corner. This is typical Mets patter. Get killed for two games, get a big offensive performance to stop the streak, then pick up the losing streak again the next day.

We've even seen this already this season right around the Memorial Day losing streak, back when Willie Randolph SHOULD have been fired.

It was great to see David Wright swing the bat with authority. Maybe it was the rest day or maybe it was the fact that he was facing the worst team in baseball? Your call.

An off day today and a matinee against the Yanks on Friday with Pelfrey facing some guy I've never heard of. It could be a long, long, long weekend against the Yankes. There's the potential for a 1-3 series that could just bury the Mets.

Call me synic. Call me a skeptic. Call me Mr. Black Cloud. I need some consistency before I start believing in this team again.

One quick way to make me a believer would be to dump Delgado. Fast.

No comments: