Sunday, June 22, 2008

Back from Mordor

A 3-day weekend in Phillies country, and I'm back unscathed. In fact a strange thing happened while I was there, no Phillies fans bothered me.

Unreal.

Well it could be that the Phillies were in the midst of 5 game skid and got swept by the Angels, a team the Mets just won 2 out of 3 from. I thought about staying a few days longer to just to enjoy the faces of woeful Phillies fans, but alas I'm back at the Mets Lifer homefront.
I have to say this team has me believing again which is really scary because as soon as the Mets smell hope, disappointment is soon to follow. Reyes is still white hot. Beltran is hitting for power. Pelfrey is starting to look like a pro.
I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

3 series wins in a row and the lowly Mariners are coming to town. A sweep of Seattle would be huge as the Yanks roll in for a weekend set.

This is a big week for this team. Let's see what their made of.

No comments: